Faculty of Commerce of the University of Economics in Bratislava (hereinafter referred to as the Faculty of Commerce) is an educational and research institution that provides education in the field of commercial disciplines. The Faculty has had a long and firm place among other higher university institutions in Slovakia which offer economic education. The Faculty of Commerce, in its internal character, is a flexibly interconnected, complex institution, not only by its study programs based on international comparisons, quality vocational and personnel background, its own publishing, expert translations and practical case studies; material-technical security, but also by its prestige in economic practice and in international relations, which are based on the criteria which have been laid down for this field by the Accreditation Committee of the Government of the Slovak Republic. The Faculty educates specialists for national and international commercial and industrial organizations, consulting companies, national and public institutions and the third sector.
The mission of the Faculty of Commerce of the University of Economics in Bratislava, which is part of the European higher education area and the common European research area is to develop a harmonious personalities, knowledge, wisdom, welfare and creativity in man and contribute on the basis of creative scientific research in the field of economics, humanities and follow-up social sciences to the development of education and science for the well-being of society, thereby contributing to the development of the knowledge-based society.
The Faculty of Commerce of the University of Economics in Bratislava strives to be a modern academic institution that responds to the needs of the education market, develops scientific and research activities, is open to change and faithful to its values and devoted to its mission. . The Faculty of Commerce of the University of Economics in Bratislava carries out activities which are perceived as:
- creating and protecting values,
- academic institution where personalities are developed in a broad sense,
- educational institution where a high level of education is achieved,
- the scientific research institution where new knowledge in the trade-scientific disciplines is developed;
- an equal partner to the academic public and economic practice in the global environment.
The strategic goal of the Faculty of Economics of the University of Bratislava is to become a modern faculty which will be respected in the international environment.
- developing and implementing strong English language learning programs,
- internationalizing study, science and research;
- specifying study programs for the current labor market needs,
- implementing the final state examinations with an emphasis on the quality of the defense of the final thesis,
- developing a project center to support the implementation of international science-research projects;
- strengthening the autonomy of the departments as key components of the Faculty in education, science and research,
- fulfilling the standards of international accreditation,
- systematizing cooperation with economic practice for the needs of education and applied research;
- mobilizing and improving publication activities;
- establishing and implementing an objective and motivating system of remuneration of creative employees,
- raising students ' awareness to build their loyalty to the Faculty of Commerce of the University of Economics in Bratislava,
- perceiving students as multipliers of a good reputation of the Faculty of Commerce of the University of Economics in Bratislava,
- actively implementing and participating in the "face to face" campaigns oriented to the candidates for study.
The strategic objective, priorities and tasks are the content of The long-term intention of the Faculty of Commerce at the University of Economics in Bratislava for the period 2019-2023.