Faculty of Commerce offers accredited PhD. study programs as follow:
- Study program Marketing and Trade Management
- Study program International Business Management (part-time study)
Marketing and Trade Management
The aim of the study program Marketing and Trade Management is to train professionals in a comprehensive and specialized field of trade and marketing, which are the basis for shifting the limits of theoretical and research perception of the discipline. Students know how to use scientific methods of the marketing research, market data, behavior of consumers and business entities. They know methods of simulation and verification of marketing solutions, they can apply scientific practices in processes of optimal shaping marketing functions, marketing processes and marketing tools of business entities. Students can autonomously synthesize information/views of marketing surveys and propose solutions to problems that extend or redefine existing knowledge and present new approaches to tackling the new situation in trading systems. Graduate is able to:
- successfully and effectively apply scientific research methods and to present his/her solutions/critical evaluation statements in the field of trade and marketing processes;
- effectively connect research – formulation of the proposal – implementation, legal and ethical aspects of marketing,
- to identify, evaluate and solve the problems of different levels of trade prediction throughout innovative approach.
International Business Management
The aim of the study program International Business Management is to train graduates for a highly specialized career in the sphere of institutions, companies and multinational corporations in an international business environment. They can also find a job in the field of scientific work at universities, research teams or various social and public organizations. Study program is focused on investigating of the development trends in the international economic environment with emphasis on specific growth conditions of the EU, or the Slovak Republic and on developments in other territorial segments of the world economy. Since the Slovak economy is absolutely foreign-oriented, it creates a specific environment for scientific research and forms the importance of the economic relations and the consequences that arise in this area. The graduate is able to:
- use various basic and applied research methods and to develop new knowledge in the selected topics,
- to solve issues of economic practice in different contexts throughout sophisticated approaches,
- conceptually manage processes in the selected field, work in team and factually communicate their decisions in internationalt conditions.