The Student Parliament of the Faculty of Commerce (hereinafter referred to as the ŠPOF) is the highest representative student´s body of the Faculty of Commerce, which represents and protects the interests of students. ŠPOF is a team of young people whose main goal is to represent students in contact with the management of the Faculty, but also with the management of the University. ŠPOF was established at the Higher School of Economics in Bratislava at the beginning of the year 1991.
The goal of the ŠPOF is primarily to represent the student part of the academic community and to participate in the creation of ideal conditions of study and other activities not only at the Faculty, but also at the University.
ŠPOF as a collective body is a part of several decision-making bodies of the University of Economics in Bratislava. The highest body of the ŠPOF is the council. The chairman, in his absence, vice-chairman of the ŠPOF carries out the coordination function at the council.
The members of the ŠPOF represent students in the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Commerce (AS OF) and also in the university academic senate (AS EU). The Academic Senate represents one of the most important decision-making bodies that operate at the faculty and/or university and therefore, the participation of the members of the SPOF in the senate is very important. The chairman of ŠPOF is also the second vice-chairman of the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Commerce and member of the Dean´s Advisory Board. The chairman and the vice-chairman of ŠPOF also represent students in the Student Parliament of the University of Economics in Bratislava (ŠPEU).
The members of the ŠPOF are also members of many different faculty and/or university bodies:
- University Disciplinary Committee,
- University Committee for Accommodation,
- Faculty Disciplinary Committee,
- Faculty Committee for Accommodation,
- Admission Committee,
- Council of the Youth,
- Student Council of Universities
Activities of ŠPOF
- to promote and protect the interests of students at the Faculty of Commerce of the University of Economics in Bratislava,
- to represent students of the Faculty and to share their requirements with the self-governing bodies of the university through student representatives,
- to cooperate with organizations of a similar focus (also abroad),
- to create and organize part-time student activities (cultural and sport activities, study mobilitie s, internships),
- to defend students ' academic rights and strive for improvement of social and learning conditions,
- to cooperate with the faculty and university management in coordinating the accommodation process at the Faculty of Commerce,
- to improve students ' awareness about current events at the Faculty and the University through various communication channels (website, newsletter, Facebook, e-mail, flyers, chillout zones and other communication tools),
- to represent students ' interests in general meetings of the Student Council of Universities,
- to organize or co-organize various lectures and workshops on specific topics with important persons from the real business environment.
Chairmans of the ŠPOF
|Andrea Tichá||2008 – 2010|
|Martina Galliková||2010 – 2011|
|Mária Belková||2011 – 2012|
|Iveta Pleváková||2012 – 2013|
|Andrej Ralbovský||2013 – 2015|
|Petra Olejárová||2015 – 2017|
|Martin Mlynár||2017 – 2019|
|Jakub Nichta||2019 - today|
Phone: +421 2 6729 1151
In the case of any questions or problems do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail: